East Texas Bridge, Inc. has immediate openings for “Experienced” Asphalt Screed Operator (Screwman).
• Years of experience in heavy highway, street construction, and resurfacing projects preferred. The Asphalt Screed Operator's primary function is to adjust the screed height on the asphalt paving machine to ensure proper depth, grade, and finish. The asphalt screed operator is also responsible for ensuring the consistency of the asphalt mat, ride quality, and quality of the finished pavement.
• Daily maintenance and proper storage of tools and equipment at the end of each shift.
• Installing/removing automatic paving electronics.
• Installing/removing screed extensions.
• Cleaning excess asphalt from paver and proper disposal of debris. The Asphalt Screed Operator position is expected to assist in the overall operation of the crew. This Assistance Includes but Is Not Limited To • Operating other pieces of paving equipment including asphalt rollers, power brooms, skid steer loaders, rubber-tired backhoes, shuttle buggies, and operation of company vehicles with approved driving history. The above-listed job functions require periods of standing, shoveling, raking, walking, and bending. The job duties are not limited as described and may be supplemented.
- Group Health Insurance
- Short Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid Vacations
- Safety Incentive
In compliance with Federal and State Equal Employment Opportunity laws, qualified applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, non-job-related disability, or any other protected group status.